Discover Golden's historical and cultural places of interest.
With such a vibrant history and culture background it is no wonder Golden has so many fantastic places of interest for the whole family to enjoy.
- Step back in time, whilst enjoying the Blaeberry River and Valley imagine what this was like for explorer David Thompson in the 1800s when he first explored the river.
- Stroll along the Kicking Horse River Pedestrian bridge, which is the longest covered pedestrian bridge in all of Canada.
- Visit the Edelweiss Village, built in the early 1900s by CP Rail for the Swiss Mountain Guides.
- Enjoy a concert at our historic Golden Civic Centre – that dates back to 1948.
- For an unbelievable panoramic view of the valley and mountain vistas, take the Kicking Horse Mountain Resort gondola.
This is just a sampling of Golden’s attractions, so get out there and explore!