Come and enjoy the beauty of Golden from the sky.
Imagine three mountain ranges, two rivers, a big open valley and one vast expanse of blue sky. Now imagine the bird’s eye view.
Golden is one of the most spectacular places to skydive, paraglide or hang glide.
Paragliders and hang gliders can be regularly seen flying from world-class destination Mount 7. Each year events are held from Mount 7 and these include the Willi Muller XC Challenge and Canadian Paragliding and Hang Gliding Nationals.
For gilders looking for incredible thermals or ‘updrafts’ of warm air that enable them to fly for hours and over wide distances, Golden has it all.
Skydiving is the action sport of exiting an aircraft and returning to earth with the aid of gravity while using a parachute to slow you down during the terminal part of the descent. Tandem Skydiving can be enjoyed from Golden Municipal Airport.
- Mount 7 was the launch site of the first world record set in 1986 by Randy Haney, who flew a hang glider an impressive 325 km from Mount 7 to Whitefish, Montana.
- Mount 7 is Canada's premier launch pad for paragliding and hand gliding (considered within the world's Top 5) – 1,219m / 4,000’ above the valley floor
- 8 world records for distance and speed have been set from the launch at Mount 7
- The 2011 Canadian Paragliding and Hang Gliding Nationals were hosted at Mount 7
- The only place where you can skydive between two mountain ranges
- When skydiving expect to free fall 120 mph before gently floating back down to earth
For more info check out www.flygolden.ca.