The Golden Visitor Centre is closed for the off-season from September 25th, 2023 to May 2024.
Find us at 1000 Trans Canada Highway, Golden BC V0A 1H1
or contact us by phone 250-439-7290 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to visit the centre in the summer to help you make the most of your experience in Golden. During your consultation with a visitor information counsellor, a digital itinerary can be created and emailed to your personal device and additional maps and resources will be handed out upon request.
Summer Services 2023:
Friendly, welcoming visitor information counsellors will be on hand to help you find information about activities, attractions and accommodations in and around Golden, plus Golden travel guides and maps. Our information counsellors can help you create your own customized itinerary, which can be e-mailed directly to your own device; saving paper, and keeping you travelling light as you experience all that Golden has to offer. Whether you need a map, suggestions for dinner, help planning your trip or to find an activity or accommodation, visitor services in Golden has it covered.
Pick up trail maps or the Golden Travel Planner, and use the digital kiosks and wifi hotspot to find information about Golden online. Facilities at the Visitor Centre include:
- digital kiosks
- picnic tables
- dog run
- Sani-dump ($7 user fee)
- Parks Canada day & annual passes available for purchase
- Parks Canada branded souvenirs and backcountry maps
- Golden Skybridge passes are available for purchase
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations can be found at these locations:
- Level 2 charging stations (4) and BC Hydro DC Fast car charging stations Town of Golden, Park Drive
- Tesla Supercharger (4 -DC Fast Chargers) – Travelodge, 12th St N
- Tesla Supercharger (8 - DC Fast Chargers) – Fas Gas TransCanada
- Sun Country (1 - level 2) - Holiday Inn Express, 14th St N
- Petro-Canada (4 - DC Fast Chargers) – TransCanada
- Electrify Canada (4 - DC Fast Chargers) – Golden Village Lodge, Lafontaine Rd.
Golden is a popular vacation destination, and we highly recommend booking accommodation in advance, especially campsites, during the high season and holiday weekends. Click here to see holiday dates.
When the centre is closed, we encourage you to download the Golden BC destination app or visit our website by using one of the free wi-fi hotspots. Message us via our social media channels, call us or send us an e-mail.
Click here for the latest federal and provincial public health and travel requirements and advisories.