Golden-focussed visitor information services
From July 1st, visitor information services transitioned to a community-led service, managed by Tourism Golden. The new service focuses on creating remarkable experiences for visitors to Golden by connecting them to local activities, attractions and businesses. Bookmark this page to keep up to date on the exciting changes to new community-focussed VISAH and visitor information services, led by Tourism Golden. Click here to view a map showing information service locations.
Frequently asked questions:
Where is the Golden Visitor Centre located?
The new VISAH (aka Golden Visitor Centre) is located at 1000 Trans Canada Highway. The new site offers high visibility and accessibility to both east and west bound highway traffic, and an easy walk from the highest density of hotel beds in Golden.
What are the hours of service at the new Golden Visitor Centre?
Open daily as follows:
August 4th - September 3rd : Daily 8am - 7pm
September 4th - 30th : Daily 10am - 6pm
What services will be available at the VISAH?
- Information counsellors to assist visitors in creating a vacation full of remarkable and memorable experiences. Custom itineraries using the Golden Trip Planning tool can be saved and emailed to the visitor
- Free Parks Canada Parks Passes
- Wi fi hot spot
- Digital kiosks
- Vendor kiosk offering snacks and beverages
- Picnic tables
- Dog run
- Paid sani-dump
What other visitor information services is Tourism Golden offering?
- Branded wi fi hotspots are now located in the downtown core in Spirit Square, on 9th Ave North, and at the Chamber of Commerce, and automatically drive traffic to the Tourism Golden website.
- Digital kiosks are also located at the Chamber of Commerce and Kicking Horse Mountain Resort day lodge.
- Conversations with visitors via social media platforms
- Language website translations for non-english speakers (coming soon)
How can my business be represented in the new community visitor information services led by Tourism Golden?
There are a number of co-op marketing opportunities at the VISAH, which is estimated to welcome 20,000 visitors by September 30th:
- Brochure racking
- Washroom advertising
- Premier advertising spots in the VISAH
- Sales counter for your own product sales
- Video placement on digital kiosk home page
Don't forget you can also take a listing on the Tourism Golden website which receives over 200,000 visits annually. Listings from $75.