Take care of yourself and others as you travel to Golden, British Columbia.
The Golden Visitors Centre is open 7 days a week from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm MST (250) 439-7290
Travelling to Golden
- Proper preparation can help you navigate any unforeseen events while travelling. For long-distance travel, perform any necessary car maintenance. Make sure your car has all the proper safety equipment and an emergency roadside kit at all times.
- Check DriveBC & Alberta 511 for road conditions and construction.
- During peak months the roads are shared with visitors not familiar with the area so be patient and vigilant.
- Use Tour the Golden Triangle as a resource for suggested itineraries and idea generation for roadside stops and attractions.
- When driving in the winter, drive according to conditions. Before you go, check route conditions, pack essentials and equip your car with appropriate tires as per the provincial legal requirements.
In and Around Golden
- When you arrive in Golden, make sure to respect speed limits within the community. Stay alert for hazards including wildlife. Pay attention to signage and camp only in designated locations.
- Keep motorized vehicle noise to a minimum and share the road with cyclists and pedestrians.