This page contains information about the current emergency situations affecting Golden and Area A, as well as resources for our stakeholders, research, public health and travel information.
While there are several wildfires and widespread smoke across British Columbia, there are no wildfires of concern close to Golden and the density of smoke changes from day to day. Below are links to resources to keep you informed on the current conditions across British Columbia. For a first-hand view of the conditions in Golden, we recommend visiting the Kicking Horse Mountain Resorts live webcam page.
- Tourism Task Force.
- Economic Recovery Task Force. Read the release.
- BC's response to COVID-19.
- BC Tourism Resiliency Network
Tourism Relief Fund More information
Columbia Basin Trust Small Business Working Capital Loan.
- B.C. Business COVID-19 Support Service; a one-stop resource provided by Small Business BC in partnership.
- Basin Business Advisors program operated by the Columbia Basin Trust offers timely, reliable and relevant business information on COVID-19.
- BC Tourism Resiliency Network. Provided by Kootenay Rockies Tourism. Register here
- Tourism Sector Toolkit
- Destination BC COVID-19 Update, messaging guidance, Response to COVID-19 and weekly calls.
- BC Meetings and Events Safe Restart Guidelines
- Destination BC Road to Recovery webinar series.
- Tourism Industry Association of BC TIABC
- Destination Canada updates, resources, research and webinar recordings
- Tourism Industry Association of Canada TIAC
- Hotel Association of Canada
- Restaurants Canada
- Canadian Camping & RV Council
- Go2HR Health & Safety Resources, FAQs for tourism employers and HR resources
- Parks Canada COVID-19 updates
- BC Parks COVID-19 response
- Hand hygiene poster download to print and post in your place of business
- Health Canada COVID-19 information line: 1-833-784-4397. Interpretation services are available in multiple languages. Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Health Agency of Canada for the latest outbreak update on COVID-19
- Health Link BC for detailed information including FAQs
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Event Planning