Everyone has a favourite road trip game - is yours on the list? If it isn't let us know.
DID YOU HEAR THAT?
The Game: Pop culture and news collide for a fun game of fact or fiction
• You are trying to fool your opponent
• You start by asking, "Did you hear that _______ happened?"
• Your opponent can either say, "That didn't happen," or, "Tell me more."
• If they correctly guess that it didn't happen, the opponent gets two points
• If they incorrectly guess that it didn't happen, you steal one point and gain two additional
• If you are asked, "Tell me more," points double at the end of the statement
The Game: Everyone in the car gets to make one nonsense rule, like “every time we go under a bridge everyone needs to bark like a dog” or “whenever I put my hat on everyone has to touch the roof of the car”.
- Every time a rule is enforced everyone but the last person to catch on gains a point.
- Whoever has the fewest points when you get to your destination loses.
THE SINGING GAME
The Game: Connect song lyrics for a fun sing-along game
- One person starts singing a song
- Using a lyric from the song, the next person has to connect it with another song
- The game continues on until somebody messes up the lyrics or is stumped
"I kissed a girl and I..."
"...Really, really, really like you..."
"...Doing that thing you do, breaking my heart into a million..."
LIKE A CELEBRITY
The Game: One person plays the character of a famous person and answers questions as if they were that person.
- Everyone in the car can ask any question they like except “who are you”, “who are your siblings” or other giveaway “who” questions
- The Celebrity must talk, laugh, eat, drink and make decisions in character
- The Celebrity gets 1 point every time someone guesses their identity incorrectly
- The person who guesses the Celebrity’s identity correctly receives one point.
The Game: Making a fortunate situation out of an unfortunate situation
- One person starts by saying "Fortunately" and mentioning something fortunate
- The next person has to follow by saying something unfortunate about the previous situation
- Move clockwise around the car switching between fortunate and unfortunate situations
- If somebody stumbles, they get a strike. Three strikes, and you're out
- The last person standing wins
Fortunately, this will be my first time seeing the Grand Canyon
Unfortunately, it was invaded by Martians just last week
Fortunately, I just finished my course in extraterrestrial communications
The Game: Collect the most regional snacks between the start and finish of your road trip
- At each gas station or roadside attraction you stop at, you have to find a local snack
- You can only get one food item per gas station
- The food item has to be created within the region the stop is located
- Whoever has the most snacks by your destination wins
- Duplicate cities don't count
The game: Two people battle to pick the best song based on a category
- One person gives a theme, like "songs about cities" or "love songs"
- Two contestants have 60 seconds
- Each contestant takes a turn playing their selected song
- The car judges the two selections and picks a winner
- Tally up scores at the end of the game
THE ABC SIGN GAME
The Game: This is the classic alphabet game everyone knows and loves. Go through alphabet using words on signs
- You are trying to find words in alphabetical order
- You can use billboards, business, and road signs
- You can't use license plates
- The first one to get to the end of the alphabet wins
- Once a word is said, nobody else can repeat that word