Use these links to quickly access Latest news, Tourism Golden Response, Federal Response, Provincial Response, Financial Support, Business Support, Industry Resources, Research and Public Health and travel information.
We have created a winter version of our Travelling to Golden During a Pandemic Stakeholder Toolkit to help you and your staff communicate with future visitors.
Daily update - BC COVID-19 Dashboard.
July - Read TIABC Recovery Stimulus Package for BC's Tourism & Hospitality Sector
Dec - Read the Final Report of the Tourism Task Force
Feb 16 - BC State of Emergency extended to March 2. Read the release.
Feb 5 - Province-wide restrictions extended with no end date. Read the release.
Feb 2 - BC State of Emergency extended to Feb 16. Read the release.
Jan 19 - BC State of Emergency extended to Feb 2. Read the release.
Jan 7 - Province-wide restrictions extended to Feb 5.
Jan 5 - BC State of Emergency extended to Jan 19. Read the release.
Dec 22 - BC State of Emergency extended to Jan 5. Read the release.
Dec 9 - BC vaccine strategy announced.
Dec 8 - BC State of Emergency extended to Dec 22. Read the release.
Dec 7 - Province-wide restrictions extended to Jan 8.
Nov 30 - Government of Canada released COVID-19: Fall Economic Statement 2020 with additional business and tourism-specific support.
Nov 29 - US-Canada border closed to Dec 21.
Nov 24 - BC State of emergency extended to Dec 8. Read the release.
Nov 19 - New province-wide restrictions to Dec 7 issued. Find out more.
Nov 17 - BCCDC advice issued to limit non-essential travel. Find out more.
Nov 10 - BC State of Emergency extended to Nov 24. Read the release.
Nov 2 - Government announces new Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS). Read the release.
Nov 2 - Government announces extension of CEWS to June 2021. Read the release.
Oct 23 - BC launches Small & Medium-Sized Business Recovery Grant Program. Find out more.
Oct 21 - US-Canada border closure extended to Nov 21. Read the release.
Oct 27 - BC State of Emergency extended to Nov 10. Read the release.
Oct 13 - BC State of Emergency extended to Oct 27. Read the release.
Oct 9 - Prime Minister announces changes to support small business (CEWS, CERS, CEBA). Read the release.
Sept 29 - BC State of Emergency extended to Oct 13. Read the release.
Sept 23 - CEWS extended to summer 2021 - announced in the Speech from the Throne.
Sept 18 - Rent relief for outdoor adventure operators. Read the release
Sept 18 - US-Canada border closure extended to Oct 21. Read the release.
Sept 18 - BC Tourism Taskforce announced. Read the release.
Sept 17 - BC's Economic Recovery Plan announced. Read the release.
Sept 15 - BC State of Emergency extended to Sept 29. Read the release.
Sept 1 - BC State of Emergency extended to Sept 15. Read the release.
Aug 20 - BC State of Emergency extended to Sept 1. Read the release.
Aug 17 - US Border will remain closed to Sept 21. More Info
Aug 4 - BC State of Emergency extended to Aug 18. Read the release.
July 7 - BC State of Emergency extended to July 21. Read the release.
June 24 - BC Phase 3 safe re-start begins. Read the release
June 19 - Canada-US Border closure extended to July 21. More info.
June 18 - Traveling to Golden COVID-19 Stakeholder Toolkit - View the document
June 18 - Consumer COVID-19 Information sheet - View Document
May 27 - BC State of Emergency extended to June 9. Read the release.
May 26 - Open letter to the Prime Minister from the national tourism roundtable group. Read the letter.
May 25 - Applications for Canada Emergency Rent Assistance for small business open.
May 25 - Premier announces support for BC community DMOs to aid recovery. Read the release. We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia.
May 15 - CEWS extended to August 29. Read the release.
May 6 - Premier outlines plans to restart BC safely. Read the release. Read BC's Restart Plan.
April 28 - Prime Minister releases joint statement by First Ministers for restarting the economy. Read the release.
April 24 - A message from Hon. Lisa Beare, Minister of Tourism, Arts & Culture. Read the message.
Tourism Golden is committed to supporting our tourism stakeholders during this unprecedented critical period for the industry. There is still much uncertainty but to the best of our ability, we will keep you informed of important changes to the public health situation, primary emergency programs and industry resources. In addition, we are implementing our own strategy mirroring Destination BC’s Response, Recovery, Resilience strategy to keep Golden top of mind for future visits whilst encouraging people to stay at home and flatten the curve. We are creating local and regional campaigns to be launched when appropriate. Watch the 2020 AGM for an update.
The Tourism Golden office at 9th Ave N. is temporarily closed and all staff are working remotely. There is no interruption to business as we continue to assist our stakeholders through this difficult period. Contact staff or your Board sector representative.
Keep us informed by using this link to notify us of changes to your services. We will communicate these as appropriate via our consumer webpage.
Keeping you informed with regular e-blasts about the evolving COVID-19 situation and support. Read the latest Update #14
COVID 19 Virtual Town Hall
- Highly Affected Sectors Credit Availability Program (HASCAP).
- Regional Relief & Recovery Fund available via WD Support for Business.
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance - will lower rent for affected small businesses. More info & application.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy - a 75% wage subsidy for eligible businesses.
- Canada Emergency Business Account - interest-free loans up to $40,000. Contact your financial institution.
- 10% wage subsidy for eligible small business, not-for-profits and charities.
- Business Credit Availability Program Small and Medium-sized Enterprise Loan and Guarantee program.
- GST remittance payments and customs import duties deferred to June 30th, 2020.
- Business income tax remittance deferred to August 31st, 2020.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit - $2,000 monthly taxable benefit for Canadians unable to work.
- Work-share program extended to 76 weeks and waiting period waived. Call 1-800-367-5693
- Tourism Task Force.
- Launch Online Grant Program. More information.
- Small and Medium-Sized Business Recovery Grant program. More information.
- Rent relief for outdoor adventure operators. Read the release.
- BC Economic Recovery Plan Sept 17, 2020
- BC Emergency Benefit for workers provides $1000 for lost income. Online applications open May 1st 2020.
- Tax payments deferred to September 30, 2020, for Employer health tax, PST & MRDT, carbon tax, motor fuel tax & tobacco tax.
- WorksafeBC Q1 payments deferred to June 30th, 2020.
- Most commercial property tax bills will be reduced by an average of 25%. Read the release.
- Economic Recovery Task Force. Read the release.
- Provincial state of emergency extended to June 9. More information.
- BC's Restart Plan
Small & Medium-Sized Business Recovery Grant program. More information.
WD Support for western Canadian business offers loans for business under the Regional Relief & Recovery Fund.
- Community Futures Emergency loan for eligible businesses.
- Columbia Basin Trust Small Business Working Capital Loan.
- B.C. Business COVID-19 Support Service; a one-stop resource provided by Small Business BC in partnership.
- Basin Business Advisors program operated by the Columbia Basin Trust offers timely, reliable and relevant business information on COVID-19.
- BC Tourism Resiliency Network. Provided by Kootenay Rockies Tourism. Register here
- Destination BC COVID-19 Update, messaging guidance, Response to COVID-19 and weekly calls.
- BC Meetings and Events Safe Restart Guidelines
- Destination BC Road to Recovery webinar series.
- Tourism Industry Association of BC TIABC
- Destination Canada updates, resources, research and webinar recordings
- Tourism Industry Association of Canada TIAC
- Hotel Association of Canada
- Restaurants Canada
- Canadian Camping & RV Council
- Go2HR Health & Safety Resources, FAQs for tourism employers and HR resources
- Parks Canada COVID-19 updates
- BC Parks COVID-19 response
- Hand hygiene poster download to print and post in your place of business
- Destination BC's Resident Sentiment & industry roundup
- Tourism Impact Report July - Sept
- Tourism Impact Report July
- Tourism Impact Report June
- Tourism Impact Report May 10th
- Tourism Impact Report April 12th
- Accommodation Impact Report April 12th
- The State of Tourism in Canada Sept
- The State of Tourism in Canada Aug
- The State of Tourism in Canada July
- The State of Tourism in Canada #5 May 11
- Health Canada COVID-19 information line: 1-833-784-4397. Interpretation services are available in multiple languages. Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Health Agency of Canada for the latest outbreak update on COVID-19
- Health Link BC for detailed information including FAQs
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Event Planning