Golden, BC has plenty of summer activities for the whole family to enjoy
Get out and enjoy everything Golden has to offer this summer, from the wild to the mild…
- Explore our beautiful mountain town with your family.
- Hike our many trails in and around Golden.
- Take a stroll along the longest freestanding Pedestrian bridge in North America.
- Take a swim at Cedar Lake or at the municipal swimming pool.
- Enjoy a horseback ride for a full backcountry experience in the Rockies.
- Stroll our rotary trails and browse the farmers market or watch a live band at the Spirit Square in the evening by Kicking Horse River.
- Head to Kicking Horse Mountain Resort and take a gondola ride and enjoy 360 degrees views from 7,700 feet.
- Ride on over 100 km of mountain bike trails or have a go at the pump track in Golden.
- Experience the Canadian Rockies from the air with a tandem paragliding flight from Mount 7, or for the more adventurous try a tandem skydive.
- Play a round of Golf at the award winning Golden Golf Club.
- Explore the backcountry or take a guided tour on a quad bike, ATV .
- Float down the Columbia River on wetlands tour.
- Walk with wolves or watch them in their natural habitat.
- Try to catch a glimpse of Boo at the Kicking Horse Grizzly Bear refuge.
- Enjoy the 6 national parks close to Golden.
- Raft the legendary Kicking Horse River.
- Rock climb at one of the nearby climbing areas.
- Summit one of the many mountain peaks on a mountaineering adventure with a local guide.
- Visit our museum and learn about our interesting past.
- Enjoy Golden's boutique stores and galleries.
Golden really does have something for everyone to enjoy and we invite you to discover why Golden continues to grow as a top destination in BC.
Fast Facts for Summer in Golden and Kicking Horse Country
- Golden is located in the Rocky Mountain Trench and is surrounded by the Rocky, Purcell and Selkirk mountains
- Close to six National Parks; Banff, Glacier, Jasper, Kootenay, Mount Revelstoke and Yoho
- At the confluence of two historic rivers; Columbia River and Kicking Horse River
- The Columbia Wetlands extends for 180 km and is the largest intact wetlands in North America.
- Eagle’s Eye Restaurant, is Canada’s highest dining experience at 7,700 feet
- Kicking Horse Pedestrian Bridge is the longest freestanding timber frame bridge in Canada
- Over 100 members of the Canadian Timberframers Guild came over from all over US, Europe, and Canada to help build the pedestrian bridge
- Golden Golf Club has won several Top Tracks awards from the PGA of British Columbia and has received a silver award for the most scenic golf course in British Columbia from GolfWest Readers Choice
- The Kicking Horse River is one of the wildest and most intense recreational waterways in Canada
- The Columbia River has the second largest population of great blue herons in western Canada
- Kicking Horse River was the first river in BC to recognised as a Canadian Heritage River
- Golden is the only place in Canada where you can walk with wolves
- Kicking Horse Grizzly Bear Refuge is the world’s largest and protected grizzly bear habitat
- Over 100 km of mountain bike trails waiting to be enjoyed
- Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is home to the highest bike park in Canada at 2,450 metres (8,033 feet)
- Golden hosted the longest singletrack downhill mountain bike race in the world (Psychosis) for 10 years. The race may be a thing of the past, but the trails still beckon riders each year
- Mount 7 is Canada's premier launch pad for paragliding and hand gliding (considered within the world's Top 5) – 1,219m/ 4,000 feet above the valley floor
- 8 world gliding records for distance and speed have been set from the launch at Mount 7
- Each Summer when the snow off Mount 7 is almost gone a snowy 7 appears on the mountain side, hence the name ‘Mount 7’. This is then skied or snowboarded by many locals…ski the 7!
- The only place where you can skydive between two mountain ranges
- A destination hot spot for weddings and stag and stagette parties
- Only place in Canada where you can see a grizzly bear, a herd of buffalo and a pack of wolves safely in one day. Visit Kicking Horse Grizzly Refuge, Rocky Mountain Buffalo Ranch and Northern Lights Wildlife Wolf Centre