Snowmobiling in Golden, BC.
Golden is a natural choice for many sledders simply because of its beautiful scenery, terrain, light and dry snow conditions and convenient location right outside Yoho National Park in British Columbia. An easy 2-hour drive from Banff, pristine alpine sledding is at your fingertips!
Sled Areas and Trail Systems
Golden has plenty of choices for snowmobilers to play with over 240km of groomed trails, 4 maintained areas and 13 distinct zones. Families or beginners can zip along established trail routes through forests while advanced sledders will enjoy the steep and remote alpine sledding areas.
Maintained sledding areas include:
Non-maintained sledding areas include Mount 7, Hospital Creek, Glenogle, Blaeberry, Susan Lake, Hope Creek and Chatter Creek. More information can found in the Golden Snowmobile Trail Map which can be viewed or ordered online.
The Best Place to Snowmobile
Golden BC is a snowmobile-friendly community, highlighted by the Snoriders Choice Awards.
- Favourite Scenic Snowmobiling Area in BC
- Favourite Mountain Riding Area in BC
- Most Challenging Riding Area in BC
- Favourite Resort or Motel - National Chain -- Best Western
- Favourite Overall Snowmobiling Area in BC
- Favourite Powder Riding in BC
- Favourite Snowmobiling Area in Western Canada,
- Favourite Resort or Motel - National Chain - Super 8
- Favourite Groomed Trail Riding in BC
- Favourite Area for Family Snowmobiling in BC
- Favourite Resort or Motel - National Chain - Days Inn
The Golden Snowmobile Trail Society and the Golden Snowmobile Club work together to keep trails in top-notch condition by grooming trails, maintaining bridges and cleaning cabins. Visit Snowmobile Golden for additional information and trail updates.
Rent a Sled or Book a Tour
Commercial operators offer a variety of snowmobile tours or sled rental services. Don’t miss out on your once-in-a-lifetime sledding experience, just click Tours and Rentals to find the best option for you.
Order the Golden Snowmobile Trail Guide or view online at Golden Guides and Maps .
Remember to check out our video gallery.